Saturday, April 3, 2010

Thanks and Star Legacy Foundation cookbooks

I want to thank everyone who has shown me support with this Web site/blog. It has been happily overwhelming and I cannot express how much that means to me. It really helps me validate that I am doing something good here, and I can reach people's lives through this effort.

I am so excited for everyone who has offered their help too. I am so thankful for all of you. Some of you have even offered to knit your own blankets for this cause, donate yarn, etc.... In fact, a friend of mine is coming over tonight so I can teach her to knit. I hope I can do that! This is all so exciting for both Brent and me. We definitely welcome the continued support!

My first blanket is still coming along. I hope to be done with it in the next couple of days -- at least by the end of this week. I will also be making up some kind of business-like card I can pin to the blankets so the families can find this Web site too.

On another note, the Star Legacy Foundation -- an organization dedicated to research and education to prevent stillbirth -- is selling cookbooks to raise funds. I encourage you to consider buying one to support their cause. I even submitted my own recipe in honor of Jackson, so be on the lookout for that if you decide to order one! The cookbooks are due out in May, but you can pre-order your own now. Just click here to get all the info on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment