Monday, May 12, 2014

Return to Zero world premiere

It feels so good to sit down and write ... something I've been itching to do for a long time, I just find it so hard to have the peace and quiet I need with two rambunctious toddlers!

But the subject I'm writing about tonight I couldn't wait any longer to share with everyone. As many of you know, about nine or 10 months ago I started promoting the movie Return to Zero and asked many of you to pledge to watch it when it was released.

Well, the time is NOW! Return to Zero will air on Lifetime television May 17, making it available to the masses. Sean Hanish, writer, producer and director, made it clear he created the movie to help shatter the silence on stillbirth and to have as many people see it as possible.  Once I heard Return to Zero was based on the writer's own experience with stillbirth, I've been grateful someone in Hollywood would take the chance on such a hushed subject.

I've been keeping up with Return to Zero's newsletters and statuses throughout these past months. This movie is absolutely an act of love for all of whom have been affected by stillbirth. Sean's mission has only been to shed as much light as possible onto this tough subject matter and tell his story as well as others; never about making millions in Hollywood.

I was lucky enough to meet and work alongside Sean for a morning at this past year's Walk To Remember. It said a lot to me about his heart and his family that he would come all the way to Littleton, stand in a booth and talk to anyone who wanted to share their story on stillbirth.

Me (left) with Sean Hanish (center) at the 2013 Walk to Remember
I ask you, if possible, to consider tuning in to Lifetime on Saturday, May 17 and give this movie the ratings it deserves. Please check your local listings for exact times. I think it will have two air times that evening.

Just watching the movie trailer, I can relate to many of the feelings and scenarios played out. I don't know what kind of emotions I will have by watching the film, but I do know it will honor all of our babies gone too soon.

I'm grateful to a close friend who has offered to host a viewing party for me and some other close friends. I encourage you to do the same and help shatter the silence!

There's a lot of great information out there about the movie, and I am happy to share some here:

Return to Zero's official Web site, along with the movie trailer: http://returntozerothemovie.com

Lifetime's official page on Return to Zero: http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/return-to-zero

Video on writing the script: http://vimeo.com/93195376

Behind the scenes video: http://vimeo.com/94696141

 USA Today interview with Minnie Driver: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2014/05/11/minnie-driver-return-to-zero-about-a-boy/8899951/

Entertainment Tonight interview with Sean Hanish and wife Kiley: http://www.etonline.com/movies/146341_minnie_driver_new_role_is_the_hardest_thing_she_ever_done/




No comments:

Post a Comment